Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Fabricator/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Ridgefield, WA, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is looking for a Fabricator/Welder who will perform machine fabrication and repair assignments of more than average or advanced complexity and scope to keep production processes, shop operations, and utilities functioning satisfactorily while maintaining all Quality and Safety measures.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 to 3 years of related experience
- Experience using a metal lathe, mill, and bandsaw preferred
- Background in fabrication, mechanical and electrical repair with use of shop tools
- Forklift license
- Ability to pass a MIG and TIG weld test. Certification preferred but not required.
- Comply with all HSE policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Comply with all NOV Company policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Comply with all Quality policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Fabricate and install new equipment
- Fabricate complex custom production machinery per print, sample, and/or verbal instruction.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Read blueprints and create jigs and fixtures for weldments
- Troubleshoot equipment; isolate the cause of the problem
- Utilize safe work habits
- Wear appropriate PPE
- Work on assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read pressure gauges
- Ability to use hand tools
- Ability to work overtime and shift work as required
- Assist where and when needed as required
- Assist with OJT (On Job Training) employees as needed
- Bending/Stooping up to 12 hours daily
- Familiarity with basic mechanical and electrical work including using pipe threader and conduit bender.
- Good vision required for the safe operation of forklift
- Lifting weights up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Push/pull up to 12 hours daily
- Standing up to 12 hours daily
- Use a measuring tape, calipers, hand grinder, level, and other common tools and instruments
- Use MIG and TIG welders and set up for different materials.
- Utilize recommended safe work habits and make use of all safety equipment provided
- Walking up to 12 hours daily
- Welding knowledge
- Problem Solving/Judgement
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination or Harassment of Any Kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.