Engineer III Job Highlights
|Location||McKinney, TX, United States|
|Company||Hendrickson (Watson and Chalin)|
Hendrickson manufactures and supplies medium and heavy-duty mechanical, elastomeric, and air suspensions; auxiliary lift axle systems; parabolic and multi-leaf springs; tire pressure control systems; integrated and non-integrated axle and brake systems; stabilizers; bumpers; and components to the global commercial transportation industry.
W&C (Watson and Chalin) is a pioneering global suspension company that designs and manufactures durable medium- and heavy-duty suspensions for the truck and trailer industries.
The company is looking for an Engineer III who will lead and manage the testing, development, validation, and sign-off of all major product programs; pursue and implement cost reductions, and resolution of field issues for mature products.
This position is also responsible for driving consistent documentation and standardizing and maintaining test procedures and practices.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, or related Engineering field from a college or university.
- Previous experience managing major projects
- Experience in the supervision of engineers and engineering support personnel preferred.
- Developed problem-solving skills (formally, 8D, or other problem-solving experience).
- CAE analysis tools and methods
- Design for manufacturing-related to welding, forming, and casting technologies
- Dynamics of ground vehicles
- Familiarity with the engineering subjects and disciplines related to suspension design and validation. Demonstrated personal development in one or more categories.
- Fatigue analysis and life prediction techniques
- Instrumentation and data acquisition
- Physical testing methods of ground vehicles and components
- Skilled at reading technical drawings (e.g., to ASME Y14.5-2009).
- Structural design of vehicle chassis and components
- Coordinate efforts between R&D and validation personnel to diagnose root causes and resolve field issues.
- Innovate and implement new ways to improve test processes to reduce time or cost, or improve accuracy, repeatability, reproducibility, or correlation of testing activities.
- Oversee the development and standardization of testing loads and methods.
- Provide test reports and sign-off documents. Ensure production readiness for new products.
- Standardize test documentation, templates, and storage. Oversee Lab Technicians in the creation and maintenance of an archive of all test reports in a way that makes searching and finding past data easy and fast.
- Define and manage department maturity path.
- Liaise with inter-divisional peers to identify best practices and lessons learned.
- Manage product portfolio to identify new opportunities and risks.
Lab Facility Oversight-
- Lead capital expansion projects. Coordinate preventative maintenance and calibration of facility equipment.
- Perform lab scheduling
- Develops and maintains an effective team through training, development, and performance management.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal customers, and other stakeholders.
- Maintains a safe work environment by ensuring that Department personnel follow site EHS policies and procedures.
- Works in partnership with site EHS to ensure validation systems comply with environmental and safety regulatory standards.
- Exposure to the R&D lab and plant production environment
- Ability to drive as required
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs
- Ability to push/pull carts (minimal 25lbs.) and parts (minimal 60lbs)
- Ability to travel as required
- Frequent sitting and working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Occasional climbing stairs and fixed/vertical ladders.
- Occasional standing and walking on concrete.
State Behavioral Traits-
- Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage major development projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage people
- Development and Continual Learning
- Facilitates Team Growth
- Facilitating Groups
- Innovation and cooperation
- Safety focus
- Team leadership
Watson and Chalin (Hendrickson) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To apply for this job please visit hendrickson.referrals.selectminds.com.