Website White Cap
Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||New Castle, DE, United States|
White Cap is a leading distributor of specialty hardware, tools, and materials for large and medium-sized contractors. The extensive inventory, combined with will-call, site delivery, and direct-ship options, enables us to deliver the products customers need when and where they need them.
The company is seeking an Equipment Mechanic who will coordinate and implement necessary equipment repairs of machinery to support the day-to-day operations of the field operations.
Adhere to standard operating procedures and ensure safety compliance.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED (strongly preferred)
- Specialized skills training/certification may be required.
- Possess, generally 2-5 years of experience in the area of responsibility.
- Diesel and gasoline equipment repair
- Aids in the development and modifications of maintenance procedures as necessary.
- Ensures completion of work orders safely and effectively based on priority and schedules and ensures health and safety compliance.
- Makes necessary contact with outside vendors for service and information.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair on shop equipment, i.e. saws, turret lathes, and CNC machines.
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves a regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- 401(k) w/Company Match
- Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
- Commuter Benefits
- Critical Illness, Accident, and Whole Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Medical (w/prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
- Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Wellness Day
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
White Cap is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit whitecap.jobs.