Website Air Products
Equipment Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Deer Park, TX, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is seeking an Equipment Mechanic who will be responsible for repairs and preventive maintenance on a variety of trailer-mounted equipment and vehicles.
The position requires the interest and initiative to continuously improve equipment reliability and performance.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- Air Products is a military-friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork.
- This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with a specific focus in technical fields.
- Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of solid work history with strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, ‘safety first’ environment
- Frequent use of email, internet browser, and ERP software for scheduling and recordkeeping
- Infrequent work in the field at customer sites to operate nitrogen services equipment as needed
- Participate in company safety, training, environmental, and improvement programs
- Perform inspections, service, and repairs on cryogenic nitrogen pump systems, liquid fuel burners, diesel engines, hydraulic systems, electronic controls, and tractor-trailer automotive equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs on fleet tractors and trailers
- Periodic fabrication of piping and structural assemblies
- Periodic travel to other APEX locations as needed
- You will handle parts inventories
- A strong mechanical aptitude with above-average computer experience/skills
- Basic knowledge of arc welding processes and minimal structural welding experience preferred
- Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
- Experience with troubleshooting and repairing tractor AC systems
- knowledge and experience with air brake systems and repairs
- Organizational skills required to handle simultaneous tasks
- Rotating equipment experience is preferred
- Affordable medical
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Retirement plans
- Valid Class A CDL is required
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.