Website Air Products
Vehicle Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Galt, CA, United States|
Air Products is an industrial gases company with a focus on serving energy, the environment, and emerging markets. The company provides essential industrial gases, related equipment, and applications expertise to industries like refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage.
The company is recruiting a Vehicle Mechanic who can troubleshoot diesel engines and have a strong vehicle maintenance background. The position reports to the Galt Distribution Manager and is responsible for the maintenance of company-owned tractors and tanker trailers.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-year Brake Certification
- 1-year FMCSA DOT Annual Inspection Training Certificate
Technical School Graduates-
- Students with a background in Industrial Systems, Machine Tool Technology, Electromechanical Technology, Mechatronics, Automotive Technology, HVAC, Process Technology, Electrical Technology, Instrumentation Technology are encouraged to apply.
- Air Products is a military-friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. This position would be best suited for Non-commissioned Officers with a specific focus in technical fields. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets and, for example, experience in propulsion systems, engineering fields, nuclear power, aircraft maintenance, cryogenic technicians, and civil engineering are encouraged to apply.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of strong vehicle maintenance and repair experience in over-the-road Class A and Class B tractors and trailers
- Diagnose and repair vehicle electrical, ac, air brake components/systems
- Document/record repair work performed electronically on computer-based vehicle maintenance system
- Gas and electrical welding experience preferred
- Participation in company safety, training, environmental, and improvement programs
- Perform electrical/electronic repairs on tractors and trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs as necessary on over-the-road Class A, Class B tractors, and tanker trailers
- Perform road repairs when necessary
Additional Responsibilities (provided on training)
- Assist plant operations maintenance
- Calibrate pump discharge meters
- Load trailers
- Manage fleet fuels and lubricants.
- Manage inventory for spare tires and fleet equipment parts
- Opportunity to learn and maintain a state of the art tractor
- Perform cryogenic maintenance to include repair/replacing valves, pumps, etc.
- Perform delivery operation environmental and safety tasks
- Wash fleet equipment
- Ability to drive Class A and Class B tractors (preferred but not necessary)
- Diesel engine troubleshooting and repair experience
- Electrical troubleshooting skills on 12 Volt DC circuits
- Energetic, highly motivated and well organized, self-starter with a strong commitment to safety
- Solid work history
- Strong mechanical background, with above-average computer experience/skills.
- Strong standout colleague with the ability to work well with fellow mechanics/drivers/operations personnel
- Welding knowledge and experience
- 401(k) Plan
- Company-supplied tools and toolbox
- Company supplied uniforms and safety equipment
- Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Job position progression
- Long/Short Term Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- On-the-Job Training for specialized cryogenic systems
- Vacation/Paid Holidays
- Valid Class A CDL is preferred but not necessary
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.