Website Relativity Space
Manager, NDE Engineering Job Highlights
|Title||Manager, NDE Engineering|
|Location||Long Beach, CA, United States|
Relativity Space is building humanity’s multi-planetary future by using software-defined manufacturing, artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and autonomous robotics. The company’s long-term vision is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The company is looking for an individual who will be responsible for the development and maturing of the core additive manufacturing technology used to produce Relativity’s orbital-class launch vehicles.
The NDE Engineering Team develops, refines, qualifies, and performs novel NDE methods specific to Relativity’s additive manufacturing methods.
- The applicants should have passed Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in an Engineering-related field from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 5+ years of experience leading an NDE program and team
- Be accountable for the qualification of Relativity’s inspection methods, traceability, the evaluation, development, and adaptation of the novel and existing NDE technology through the whole workflow of our printed components.
- Be responsible for the NDE strategy and technical roadmap for ensuring the structural integrity of Relativity’s Additive Manufacturing processes.
- Collaborate with adjacent stakeholders including engineering design teams to develop and qualify acceptance criteria for specific components, processes, and continue to mature the NDE Program strategy for Relativity Space for the development of Terran 1, and moving into development for our newest re-usable rocket, Terran R.
- Represent the Additive Development and NDE teams in quality assurance and fracture control capacity in forums with internal engineering groups, government agencies, and customer-facing forums.
- Deep knowledge of welding flaw acceptance criteria
- NDE Operations experience
- Technical expertise in at least 2 of the following NDE Methods: Digital RT, CR, EMAT, ECA, PAUT
Preferred but Not Required
- Experience performing statistical analyses including linear and multi-linear regression, Gaussian and Bayesian probabilities using R or Python
- The company offers a competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend, and more.
Relativity Space is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.