Experienced Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Decatur, IL, United States|
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
The company is searching for an Experienced Welder who will set up, operate, and adjust manual or automatic machines to perform welding operations in all positions.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Possess 3+ years of GMAW or FCAW welding experience
- Ability to perform simple computer operations
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands
- Be available to work any shift
- Must be able to pass multiple welder qualification tests during the Caterpillar-provided training
- Experience using GMAW or FCAW with 0.045” or larger wire
- Experience welding ½” or greater thickness material
- Technical school or equal educational background in a mechanical or similar discipline
- Follow documented procedures and standard work to perform safe and defect-free operations
- Operate robotic welding equipment
- Perform carbon arc cutting and gouging
- Perform manual finish welding operations on plain and alloy steels in all positions
- Sanding will be required to dress welds
- Use of jib and overhead crane to manually position workpieces
- Ability to work well individually or in a team environment
- Good communication skills and a strong commitment to safety and teamwork
- The company offers benefits including health insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401K, etc.
- Must be able to pass welder qualification requirements during the Caterpillar provided training by a Certified Welding Educator (CWE), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or approved personnel
- No relocation package is available
- Shift: 2nd, 3rd, or AWS
- Welders may be placed on any shift; dependent on business needs dictate, and in some areas required to work an alternate work schedule.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.caterpillar.com.