F553 Precision Welder Job Highlights
|Title||F553 Precision Welder|
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Huntington Beach, CA, United States|
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space and security systems, and global services.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking an individual to support our business at Boeing. BGS is an emergent operation for the fabrication of Spare Aerospace parts.
This occupation requires the efficient use of manual, mechanized, and numerically controlled fusion welding and/or cutting equipment used in the fabrication of high-quality, aerospace flight hardware.
Note: Must pass and maintain all customer and Company required welder certifications.
- The prospective candidates should have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Welder Technical Trade School is preferred.
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of TIG welding experience with aluminum, Inconel, Stainless steel, and Titanium
- Candidates should have the ability to read aircraft blueprints and weld specifications pertaining to TIG welding
- Perform certified welding on company products where a high degree of mental concentration, sensory alertness, manual coordination, and unusually difficult working positions are required for long periods. Wels may be routinely subjected to customer, engineering, and NDT (e.g. X-ray, dye penetrant, and ultrasonic) specifications beyond those normally required of journeyman welders. May also perform production welding normally associated with lower-rated classifications.
- Plan the sequence of welding operations working from assembly outlines, process specifications, welding procedure, x-ray film, and written or verbal instructions.
- Set up and operate gas, manual, mechanized, and/or numerically controlled GTAW, GMAW, VPPA, and PAW welding equipment and while welding, making adjustments such as speed of travel, amperage, and distance from torch to metal: and operate controls to track the joint being welded.
- Work with engineers in developing welding processes and procedures when required. Perform in-process inspection of weld beads and adjacent heat-affected areas using standard NDT methods. Locate and prepare defects for rework (e.g. grinding, chipping, beveling, etc. Move product within own department when incidental to the welding process. Assemble and restrain pre-fit parts or components using clamps and fixtures. Move clamps to allow better access to the weld joint. Use hand or power equipment and chemicals to perform in-process cleaning. May be required to assemble and dismantle welding equipment in closely confined areas.
- Basic Blueprint and Specification reading
- Basic Math skills
- Must be able to pass an eye exam
- Must be familiar and able to set up/use a TIG welder system (Lincoln)
- Financial Security
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.