NDT Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Houston, TX, United States|
Exo is an innovative supplier of infrastructure inspection, engineering, and field repair and reinforcement services for the global electrical utility, renewables, lighting, and wireless telecommunications industries.
The company is looking for an NDT Inspector who will be responsible for performing various nondestructive testing methods and interpreting and evaluating the results of the inspection with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- (Preferred) NDT Level 2 VT
- (Preferred) NDT Level 2 MT
- (Preferred) NDT Level 2 PT
- (Preferred) NDT Level 2 UT (Shear wave)
- The candidates should have some previous work experience in the related field.
- Exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of Assistants and Level I Inspectors.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets, and databases) for report writing and communication.
- Familiarity with welding processes, welding parameters, welding consumables, and welding materials.
- Level II Inspectors are qualified to set up and calibrate equipment.
- Level II Inspectors are thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the method of NDT being used.
- Level II Inspectors will be performing calibrations, non-destructive tests, and evaluations for acceptance or rejection determinations per written instructions and record results.
- Perform a role of Quality Assurance or Quality control in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for observing and/or performing inspection with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Exo.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Achievement Focus – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; recognizes and acts on opportunities; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Independent – Demonstrates self-motivation to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit.
- The applicant must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Travel is required for this role (up to 90% of the year).
Exo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit exoinc.com.