Website AZZ, Inc.
Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Suwanee, GA, United States|
AZZ Specialty Welding is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry.
The company is looking for a Welding Engineer who will be responsible for welding procedures, enforcement of the Quality Assurance Program, operational support both in the shop and field, perform research/development, help implement industry best practices, and ensure adherence to applicable codes, specifications, standards, and contract terms.
The Welding Engineer will occasionally support shop and field project execution.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Welding Engineering or Welding Engineering Technology from a college/welding school. (An international engineering degree and/or accreditation may be considered)
- The candidates should have 5 to 20 years of welding engineering experience including working with welding codes and standards, Experience in the power generation, petrochemical, and/or oil/gas industries.
Note: Job title and salary with be commensurate with experience.
- Assist in solving complex welding problems, performing root-cause analysis, implementing corrective actions, and documenting lessons learned.
- Assist in the research and development of prototype welding equipment, welding technology, welding techniques, and materials.
- Develops and/or reviews Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS), Procedure Qualification Records (PQR), Weld Performance Qualification (WPQ) records, work travelers, work instructions, customer requirements, proposals, reports, and other technical welding-related documentation.
- Supports shop and field welding project execution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of arc welding process fundamentals
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ASME BPVC Section IX, Experience with other welding standards a plus
- Knowledge of materials, weldability, and NDE methods
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills along with fundamental computer skills
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting up to 30 lbs., ability to work in an industrial field environment.
AZZ, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit azz-inc.jobs.net.