Website The Vertex Company
Fabrication Supervisor Job Highlights
|Manufacturing (Multiple Functions)
|Crestview, FL, United States
|The Vertex Company
The Vertex Company provides vertically integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems. The company offers all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs, and integrated supply-chain solutions.
Crestview Aerospace manufactures complex assemblies and parts for use in various aerospace applications. It offers an integrated manufacturing process that delivers fabricated parts, in-house processing, and complex assemblies for both fixed and rotary‐wing aircraft.
The company is hiring a Fabrication Supervisor who will do the following things-
- As per the organizational goals, provides direction on activities and behaviors; motivates team members, and provides feedback on performance.
- Must have good communication, leadership, and coaching skills to be able to lead a diverse group of people of different skill levels.
- Reports on safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance, and identifies and implements improvement opportunities.
- Requires knowledge of structural assembly processes.
- Responsible for providing team leadership to a customer-focused team committed to improving quality and increasing productivity.
- Supervises employees who put produce sheet metal and milled aircraft parts utilizing CNC equipment i.e. 3, 4, 5 axis mills, gantry, brake form, hydro form, etc.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree from a college or university or equivalent experience.
- The candidates should have 7 to 10 years in a manufacturing/fabrication environment, with a minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory role.
- Abide by company processes and procedures
- Act with respect, transparency, and integrity to say and do the right thing.
- Clear communication and swift escalation of items where appropriate
- Deploy an Extreme Ownership mentality
- First Time Quality – pay attention to detail
- Forward-thinking – what is the next step in the process?
- Innovation – Be creative and lead positive change.
- Self-development – Understand your strengths and weaknesses and seek opportunities to improve.
- Timeliness and follow-up on open tasks and activities
- Foster creative thinking and be open to change
- Motivate the team – through word and action
- Provide employee coaching, training, and development
- Recognize employee performance
- Set goals and challenge the team
- Ensure that employees are following safety rules and have a safe working environment
- Escalate anticipated overages
- Manage assigned budget for labor and non-labor items
- Manage manpower needs and work with peers to level-load across work centers
- Provide recommendations for, and lead improvement projects
- Basic Microsoft Office skills to record and present data
- Continuous Improvement
- Fabrication operations i.e. CNC milling, processing, sheet metal fabrication
- Good communication skills
- Resource and budget management
- Technical requirement interpretation (Blueprints, Specifications)
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current.
- Must have close visual acuities such as viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at close distance to the eyes.
- Will be performing substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The Vertex Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.