Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Location||Belton, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is looking for a Fabricator who can assist the assembly crew in grinding, repairing, assembling, and finishing fiberglass tanks and accessories. Uses power tools, assembly jigs, and material handling equipment. Maintains materials, supplies, equipment/resins used in fabrication, repair, and assembly of tanks.
- The prospective applicants should have completed a High School Diploma or Equivalent qualification from a welding school, college, or tech center.
- The candidates should have some work experience in the related field.
- Assist in assembly and fabrication of finished products
- Assist in fabricating, preparing, and installing fittings and other component parts
- Assist in matching and alignment of shells to meet tank specifications
- Assists in transporting shells and tanks
- Assist in the production of shells following instructions and/or established procedures
- Assist in storing and loading of in-line and finished products including the operation of material handling equipment
- Assist in the application of rib forms and formation of rib channel
- Assist mandrel and assembly crews in preparation and/or operation of equipment
- Check, clean, change, and perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment to ensure application efficiencies
- Cut hand lay-up glass to proper sizes
- Maintain a supply of materials in the mandrel area (e.g. fill creels with glass, loads sand hoppers, etc.)
- Mix resin and catalyst according to conditions to ensure proper laminate cures
- Observe and assist co-workers in the inside lay-up of tanks
- Operate equipment, power tools, assembly jigs, and material handling equipment (including, but not limited to, band saws, drill press, cut-off saws, etc.)
- Participate in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Repairs product defects (including, but not limited to, grinding, patching, etc.) as marked by the appropriate personnel
- Roll out shells, end caps, panels, and accessories
- Saturate fiberglass mat and woven roving
- Set up and assemble direct materials for shell fabrication (including, but not limited to, rib forms, mesh, netting, scrim, flow inserts, etc.)
- Visually inspects, take measurements and other process checks, and notifies appropriate personnel of off-quality material
- Ability to read specs on paper
- Good communication, organizational, time management, mathematical skills
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime and shift work as required
- Bending/stooping up to 12 hours daily
- Walking up to 12 hours daily
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or listen
- Standing up to 12 hours daily
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.