Website Rush Enterprises
Fabricator Job Highlights
|Indianapolis, IN, United States
Rush Enterprises provides solutions to the commercial vehicle industry. The company also offers an integrated approach to the sales and service of new and used commercial vehicles, all-makes parts, collision repair, vehicle technology solutions, alternative fuel systems, and a range of financial services.
The company is looking for a Fabricator who can perform layout, fabrication, fixturing, welding, and installation of weldments used in new and modified truck and trailer chassis and components.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- AWS welding certifications required for work assigned
- The candidates should have 2 years of experience in welding and vehicle fabrication.
- DoT inspection experience desirable.
Note: Maintain at own expense all hand and small power tools (including torches and tips) required to efficiently perform work assignments.
- Creation of updating of bills of materials and feedback to parts, operations, and engineering.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and cost-effectiveness in the completion of work products in order to minimize re-work and time delays in final projects being provided to customers and dealerships.
- General understanding of Class 7 and 8 trucks to include chassis, engine, and driveline; understanding of reasons for torque settings.
- General understanding of installation and use of vehicle hydraulic pumps, motors, and piping.
- General understanding of vehicle control, starting, charging, and lighting systems and circuits and the need to carefully maintain vehicle grounding during welding operations.
- Knowledge of welding gases to include properly securing bottles, hoses, and regulators. General understanding of vehicle compressed air systems. Demonstrated knowledge of the safe use and changing of compressed propane used to power fork trucks.
- Prepare and/or modify components for current or revised applications.
- Prepare documentation for and/or following manuals and process documents.
- Proficient in an arc, MIG, and TIG welding (aluminum and steel); oxy-acetylene and plasma cutting of materials; and oxy-acetylene heating of materials.
- Read and understand job orders and schedule work procedures and parts.
We offer exceptional compensation and benefits, 401K and stock purchase, incentives for performance, training, and opportunity for advancement – all in a culture that appreciates and rewards excellence, a positive attitude, and integrity.
Rush Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.rushenterprises.com.