Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Fabricator/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Inverurie, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
The company is searching for a Fabricator/Welder who will develop a strong understanding of our manufacturing processes using the most advanced machinery for wireline masts, BOP control modules, and transportation frame manufacturing.
Your ability to study and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials and plan task sequences will be crucial to this role.
- The applicants should have retained coding’s in a range of welding disciplines (Desirable)
- Time served Fabrication/Welding (Essential)
- The candidates should have 5 years of experience in a similar position (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of welding and fabrication techniques in a similar industry (Essential)
- Be familiar with all fabricated products of the company and be fully conversant with the fabrication and engineering drawings
- Be proficient in the use of all welding equipment used in the Fabrication Shop
- Contribute to the development of systems and improvement in working practices and processes
- Demonstrate a skillset using various hand tools which training has been provided
- Effectively report any HSE or productivity issues through the correct channels
- Engage in training to achieve a minimum of a flux-core and solid wire welding qualification (where not already in place)
- Ensure production target output and quality is maintained
- Interpret and verify drawings specifications to determine materials requirements and task sequences
- Notify the Cell Leader of any mistakes, omissions, or alterations necessary to drawings or bills of material
- Work to achieve high quality in the assembly of component parts
- Fabricated projects using a range of materials and welding disciplines (Desirable)
- Responsible for delivering manufacturing project (Desirable)
- Understanding of and ability to interpret fabrication drawings (Essential)
- Understanding of welding materials and processes in accordance with ASME standards (Essential)
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.