Website TRC Companies
Field Inspector Job Highlights
|Function||Project Management, Consulting, Engineering|
|Location||Syracuse, NY, United States|
TRC Companies is a global consulting firm providing environmentally advanced and technology-powered solutions for the oil and gas, power, and infrastructure markets.
TRC Advanced Energy is seeking a Field Inspector who will support residential and commercial energy efficiency and demand management programs.
The position’s responsibilities may include site inspections, energy analysis, technical writing, and project management for multiple residential and commercial energy efficiency projects and/or customers.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree obtained from a college/university and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- The candidates should have at least 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience in construction, HVAC installation, lighting, or related building science field
- Experience with heat pumps and other home-heating systems
- Assist with new project application review and completed project fulfillment activities including documentation upload, data entry, and issue resolution
- Coordinate and schedule site visits with residential homeowners, tenants, and commercial property owners
- Develop inspection reports that summarize on-site findings and include photographs and action items to resolve discrepancies
- Field wide-ranging questions from Partners related to program policies, equipment eligibility for incentives, the application process, and approvals
- Identify and escalate program/partner issues in a timely manner to the appropriate level of management
- Keep informed of new products and market information of interest to our client
- Maintain knowledge on energy-efficient products and programs
- Perform on-site pre-and post-installation quality inspections at customer facilities to verify project application accuracy and project completion
- Report and record all required data relating to inspection activities in the applicable data collection tools
- Share and solicit information, convey best practices with Program Management and Team Members; and provide solutions to address implementation issues
- Track and correctly record program expenses and submit weekly expense reports for reimbursement
- Work with customers and contractors to resolve discrepancies identified on the site
- Work with new partners to provide program training and guidance; establish relationships and actively maintain those relationships over time
- Work with the program team to evaluate the Program and adjust outreach tactics to ensure continued success
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment from a remote location
- Established critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent time management, organizational, and planning skills;
- Good communication skills; able to effectively work with multiple stakeholders and personalities;
- Knowledge of high-efficiency products particularly lighting products;
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with database entry
- Eligible to work in the United States
- A valid driver’s license in the State of New York is strongly preferred; the position entails travel, mostly within upstate New York.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled.
To apply for this job please visit careers.trccompanies.com.