Fitter/Welder Job Highlights
|Full Time (1st shift)
|Peoria, IL, United States
Philippi-Hagenbuch is a global leader in customized off-highway truck haulage enhancements including Autogate Tailgates, Water Tanks, Truck Bodies, Trailers, Load Ejectors, and Sideboards.
The company is looking for a Fitter/Welder who will take the finished products from the Torch, Press, and Machine Shop Departments and read prints to fit together and weld assemblies.
Primarily use flat MIG wire and out-of-position dual shield. All welding is done without fixturing and the thickness of the material generally runs from 3/16″ to 5/8″.
- No education level is mentioned, yet applicants may be required a High School Diploma
- Flat MIG wire welding experience
- Out-of-position dual shield welding experience
- Print reading and fitting experience
- Adhering to all safety policies
- Clocking to jobs using a barcode scanning system
- Cross-training to assist in other departments as needed
- Grinding out inferior-quality welds and reworking as needed
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of the department
- MIG and dual shield welding
- Operating a hand torch and hand plasma torch
- Performing material handling operations as needed (training available)
- Reading and interpreting prints, assembly drawings, and Bill of Materials
- Visually inspecting the quality of work
- Welding from a variety of positions, e.g. flat, vertical, and overhead
- Ability to drive for travel requirements
- Openness to travel (1 week per quarter or less) for onsite production installation and warranty work
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Time off Benefits
- Retirement Benefits – 401(k)
- Additional Benefits
Philippi-Hagenbuch is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit philsystems.aaimtrack.com.