Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V|
|Location||San Jose, CA, United States|
Amentum is a premier global leader in designing, engineering, managing, and modernizing critical systems and programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and the environment.
The company is seeking an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic V who will be responsible for performing at the subject matter expert level in mechanical troubleshooting and providing preventive and corrective maintenance on the facility and facility-related equipment and systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or a demonstrated equivalent
- Possess 6 years of experience performing mechanical maintenance in an industrial environment or demonstrated an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Conduct preventive maintenance inspections and perform required preventative maintenance actions such as
- Creates and modifies site operations procedures for equipment and recommends facility reliability improvements.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and correct any safety-related issues and perform independent equipment evaluations to identify potential equipment failures.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot industrial facility equipment and systems such as pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, cranes, hoists, fans, doors, docks, and other equipment as required.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs pneumatic or hydraulic systems; overhead cranes; pumps; hoists; ventilation systems.
- Effectively communicates with the site management team and the customer to understand requirements, solve complex problems, and provide solutions to manufacturing problems.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills, such as motivation, delegation, ownership, leading by example, well-developed organizational skills, excellent communication skills, etc.
- lubrication, cleaning, filter changes, alignments, etc.
- Maintains a strict schedule to be successful in the assignment yet demonstrates flexibility in the day-to-day activities and scheduling for the benefit of the customer.
- Operates a variety of equipment such as hand tools, laptop computers, and diagnostic hardware to perform work.
- Operates various measuring, diagnostic, and testing instruments to help provide energy efficiency solutions.
- Performs General Maintenance of equipment as required.
- Performs plumbing and hydraulic hose repairs.
- Performs preventive maintenance on facility equipment as scheduled in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Promotes and adheres to the Amentum Safety Structure.
- Provides instruction, mentors, and trains less skilled technicians as needed.
- Recommends activities to improve maintenance methods and equipment performance.
- Responds and provides service and feedback to the customer on all work orders while assuring compliance with codes, regulations, and industry standards.
- Troubleshoots and repairs basic electrical issues.
- Troubleshoots and repairs heat exchange equipment.
- Understands company policies and enforces safety regulations. Safely performs functions of the position including following proper safety guidelines such as job hazard analysis and Lockout/Tagout procedures and wearing PPE as required.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical skills to complete assignments.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- May require additional licensing per state regulations
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Must have the ability to work in an aerial lift or scissor lift at heights up to 30 feet or higher.
- Associate’s degree or technical certification in Industrial Technology, Industrial Mechanical, or related technical program.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial production systems such as conveyors and coolant systems to OEM specifications.
- Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing pumps, motors, gearboxes, supply and exhaust fans, power transmission components, hydraulic and pneumatic systems,
- Experience performing pipefitting, welding, fabrication, and millwright-related work.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing cranes and hoists.
- Experience utilizing measurement tools such as micrometers, dial indicators, various types of gauges, and calibers to set tolerances to OEM Specifications.
- Experience welding using MIG, TIG, and arc welders.
- Experience with alignments and timing machines using Precision calibration tools.
- Ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color coding.
- Ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladders, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during a shift.
- Ability to regularly kneel repetitively for shifts.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis for shift.
- Ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
- Flexibility to bend/stoop, and squat repetitively during shift.
- Use of a company/client-approved utility knife.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Wear steel-toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats, and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- No sponsorship for United States works authorization
- May require a valid Driver’s License
- Require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location
Amentum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company provides equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit www.amentumcareers.com.