Website Schuff Steel
Fitter/Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Ottawa, KS, United States|
Schuff Steel provides structural steel fabrication and erection services. They include engineering, structural steel erection, project management, structural steel fabrication, arenas/stadiums, convention centers, preconstruction, parking structures, data centers, etc.
The company is seeking a Fitter/Welder who will assemble and fit drawing dimensions of the various structural, plate, and mechanical materials.
Welds a large variety of materials. Welds in all positions with a high degree of proficiency utilizing full skills of the trade including knowledge of common heat reactions of structural metals, and are certifiable.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 12 months of stable work experience
- Must pass a required weld test
- Certification in AWS D1.1 weld test
- Burns and tack welds for assembly purposes. Burns, copes, bevels, and straightens material. Does minor layout.
- Chips peens and grinds material to prepare for welding or finish.
- Cleans up material by grinding or chipping.
- Directs and assists in handling and spreading of material, assembling material into required relationships according to detail drawings; handling and placing detail material in assembly, placing bolts, drift pins and other fastening deceives in proper locations.
- Follows applicable welding procedures (AWS, AISC)
- Lays out work lines or fits up jigs for positioning material when required; checks, squares, and scribes all detail connections.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Moves material to and from the work area. Moves welding equipment to the material when necessary. Positions component parts on a table held by a fixture or jib, tacking when required.
- Must adhere to and follow all safety rules and PPE requirements
- Must take and pass welding test in accordance to AWS D1.1.
- Perform gouging and scarfing as needed.
- Perform other routine duties per management direction.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and plans the fitting operation.
- Receives instructions, prints, sketches, and work orders.
- Responsible for work conforming to drawings and notes thereon.
- Spot paints for identification marks.
- Straightens materials by heat or flame.
- Welds on the ground level, above ground, and below ground, in any required position.
- Welds structural materials such as plates, sheets, girders, tanks, etc., occasionally involving uncommon structural metals or machine metals under close tolerances of heat application and workmanship.
- Equipment Knowledge/Skills – Variety of hand tools and welding equipment
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The company offers competitive market-based compensation and comprehensive health insurance benefits.
DBM Global (Schuff Steel) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.