Website Johnson Controls
HVAC Test Technician Job Highlights
|Title||HVAC Test Technician|
|Location||Norman, OK, United States|
Johnson Controls transforms the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, it drives the outcomes that matter most. The company is dedicated to protecting the environment, delivers promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers, and manufacturing.
The company is searching for an HVAC Test Technician who will work on the Engineering Lab team that is part of the Unitary Products Group (UPG) for Johnson Controls.
This division designs, tests, manufactures and assembles heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment for the light commercial and residential markets.
This position will report to the Engineering Lab Manager.
- The applicants should have passed a 2-year Degree from a college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the related field.
- Experience in welding (MIG, TIG, etc.) preferred
- Experience with AM (additive manufacturing) or 3D printing is a plus
- Experience with CAD, Pro/E, Creo is a plus
- Analyze test data, and make modifications and adaptations to the test unit based upon analysis of the data.
- Attaching instrumentation like thermal couples and pressure taps
- Converting existing Units by pulling parts, replacing parts, and reassembling
- Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area.
- Follow established safety procedures and maintain a clean work area
- Maintain Engineering Lab inventory of units, materials, and supplies
- Moving units and materials using forklifts, cranes, or parts chaser carts
- Operates machine tools, welders, sheet metal working, and wood making equipment
- Prepare and install test units in the test facility in order to simulate field installation conditions, including evacuation and charging, duct connection, electrical connection, etc.
- Set up test facilities and connect data acquisition instruments according to general instructions and per test standard requirements.
- Uses precision measuring instruments
- Utilize computer software programs to run the test facility, conduct testing, and collect and analyze test data.
- Works with precision with materials of all types such as metals, wood, and plastic
- Other duties as required
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on analysis.
- Ability to braze using Oxy/Acetylene torch is a plus
- Ability to interpret and work from sketches/blueprints/verbal instruction with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift equipment, compressors units, motors, sheet metal parts, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot, collaborate and brainstorm with other team members
- Basic math skills
- Effective and professional communication and organizational skills are required
- Good working knowledge of techniques and skills in areas of wiring, brazing, coil fabrication, and/or unit assembly
- Lead and instruct team members to execute unit setups.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Outlook, or other email programs
- Self-driven with the ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision-making ability.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical circuitry and skills in such areas as reading wiring diagrams, modifying unit wiring and controls with minimal instruction, instrumentation, electromechanical troubleshooting, and modification of prototypes.
- 401(k) savings plan and company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Medical/dental/vision insurance/health spending
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary benefits: ID Theft; Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, Legal Support
- Wellness Program
- A valid driver’s license is required
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit johnsoncontrols.referrals.selectminds.com.