Website Matthews International
Industrial Control Panel Technician Job Highlights
|Title||Industrial Control Panel Technician|
|Location||Apopka, FL, United States|
|Company||Matthews Environmental Solutions|
Matthews International is a unique community and has created a market-leading global company serving the consumer products, memorialization, and industrial technology markets, each borne out of identification products.
Matthews Environmental Solutions, a division of Matthews Memorialization, is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services.
The company is hiring an Industrial Control Panel Technician who will fabricate, assemble, and manufacture cremation equipment, accessory equipment, and component items as instructed.
- The applicants should have an Associate’s Degree in Manufacturing, Electro-Mechanical Assembly, or related field from technical school (preferred)
- The candidates should have 1+ years of previous manufacturing or assembly experience (required) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Assembles components and connections as directed by process and procedures
- Assists and/or performs electrical, gas plumbing, mechanical assembly, and applications
- Completes any given task within the allotted time and maintains a clean and orderly work area during and upon completion of tasks
- Installs components as required by prints including integration of burners and associated components
- Possess a mechanical aptitude and adapts and/or learns quickly
- Understands had can perform job responsibilities performed by helpers and assists others as requested or instructed
- Wiring and fabrication of electrical control panels and systems
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to work with and influence peers and management
- Advanced blueprint reading, layout, and fitting skills
- Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills
- Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Internet applications
- Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, and reasoning)
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The noise level in the work environment may be high
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Matthews International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.matw.com.