Website Thermal Care
Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Niles, IL, United States|
Thermal Care, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading manufacturer of process cooling equipment and systems for applications worldwide. Thermal Care provides heat transfer equipment to industries like plastics, laser, heat treating, food processing, machine tool, plating, anodizing, chemical, die casting, optical coating, and printing.
IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling, and industrial heat transfer markets.
The company is hiring an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer who will perform the analysis and improvement of methods, processes, tools, and systems required for Thermal Care’s manufacturing, assembly, and fabrication activities.
This position also performs tasks on product, enhancement, improvement, and system requirements to determine the efficiency and feasibility of the design.
Hands-on production experience in a manufacturing environment is essential to succeed in this role.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- The prospective applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering from a college or university.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in production in an industrial manufacturing environment required (regular assembly, electrical assembly, and/or fabrication environments preferred)
- Experience as a leader of cost-focused solutions to manufacturing issues
- Experience leading Kaizen events is highly desirable
- Experience with the development, installation, and maintenance of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Hands-on experience in production in a made-to-order manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Lead small groups focused on continuous improvements, cost-saving measures and provide technical expertise solving process problems
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Troubleshoot part defects; implement corrective actions quickly and effectively
- Create and manage process documentation such as work instructions and set-up instructions
- Develop new manufacturing equipment, methods, and processes
- Design fixtures, jigs, packaging, storage systems to improve efficiency in manufacturing and material handling processes
- Optimize the manufacturing process to improve quality and material flow, while reducing cycle times and set-up times
- Provide training for new and modified processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Able to maintain structure, organization, efficiency within own work and the work of others
- Able to operate in a fast-paced environment while leading multiple projects simultaneously
- An analytical and technical mindset
- Can make a big picture, strategic decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong computer skills (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, CAD programs, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of lean manufacturing, JIT, OEE, line sequencing, KANBAN, etc.
The company offers profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program, and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.