Website Martin Marietta
Industrial Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Salisbury, NC, United States|
Martin Marietta is a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials. In particular, Martin Marietta supplies the resources for roads, sidewalks, and foundations.
The company is seeking an Industrial Mechanic who will primarily be responsible for safely disassembling and assembling rock crusher machines and sub-assemblies as part of an overall remanufacture process.
The position will report to the Shop Manager, the Industrial Mechanic.
- The applicants should have High School Diploma or GED
- The required work experience is not mentioned by the Employer.
- Be available and join the mechanic team in six downtime instances during the first year to improve field uptime. These instances will likely occur outside of the normal work environment and/or schedule
- Complete OSHA forklift classroom and hands on evaluation on all 11 forklifts immediately upon hire
- Complete task training on all overhead cranes, forklifts, sweepers, welders, and torches within 90 days of hire
- Complete torch training and evaluation program within the first 90 days
- Decrease rock crusher subassembly build and teardown times by 20% within the first year of hire by participating within root cause analysis groups and developing corrective actions to prevent similar mistakes in the future; utilizing IPADS, computers, cameras, and video cameras to document photos and videos to support build and teardown procedures; and collaborating with shop management to create SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for crusher subassembly builds and teardowns
- Develop operational equipment checks to catch failures before they arise
- Extend the total life expectancy of Martin Marietta assets by learning PM procedures for all equipment utilized and remanufactured by the mechanic group
- Immediately prepare disassembled parts by cleaning and measuring in a manner such that they are ready for reassembly, by any mechanic
- Influence others in the workgroup to remain on task and reduce socialization
- Maintain a TIIR (Total Injury Incident Rate) of 0 supported by reporting all near misses through the Canvas app, achieving 100% compliance on operational pre-shift equipment checks, and utilizing the Guardian Angel Creed to educate and look out for fellow employees
- Recommend work order creation to management for parts that can be remanufactured internally
- Report damaged tools and tag out of service so that they can be replaced
- Use 5S methodology in conjunction with the floor sweeper to maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Utilize both paper and electronic parts books and operation manuals to order parts that need replacement
- A strong mechanical background
- The ability to correctly measure parts, clearances and interference fits with micrometers and calipers are necessary to perform the job functions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. will be required
- Ability to work outdoors in changing weather conditions, cold and wind, sometimes rain, will be required
- Basic computer skills with the ability to report and transfer information
- Must be a self-motivated, strong work ethic individual that is willing to work with minimal supervision and a high level of accountability to operational requirements
- Must have the willingness and ability to travel on an above-average level
- Must believe and practice safety as the number one priority
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Competitive Pay
- Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and Disability Insurance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Pension Plan
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Wellness Programs
Martin Marietta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.