Website Begert Stainless
Installation Project Manager Job Highlights
|Title||Installation Project Manager (Stainless Process Piping)|
|Location||Marshfield, WI, United States|
Begert Stainless is a stainless tank/vessel manufacturer and serving the food, dairy, craft brewing, beverage, industrial, chemical, automotive, and pharmaceutical industries.
The company is seeking a candidate who can be responsible for providing leadership and skills training for the implementation of projects involving all sanitary process piping installations at customer facilities.
The Installation Project Manager must exhibit emotional composure, be a logical problem solver, and have a willingness to work with many personality types to achieve solutions that are reasonable and fair to all parties. In addition to this, the position will also involve your assistance with the development of new Sales and Estimating Installation Projects.
The position is highly visible leadership with a reputable and respected stainless company.
- The candidates should have a High School Diploma or GED.
- 15+ years of related install work experience in stainless sanitary process piping systems is required
- Project management experience is required, preferably 10+ years
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time which will involve overnight stays. Mostly in the Midwest region of the U.S. but does include other parts of the U.S. and occasional international locations.
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work planned and performed.
- Communicate with customers including travel to customers’ facilities for meetings, collection of information for installation, technical process parameters, controls interface, and production downtimes.
- Create and manage project schedules for assigned projects. Must clearly and frequently relay information to the scheduler to obtain personnel resources with advance notice.
- Maintain compliance with safety policies and all other company policies and procedures.
- Maintain the Company’s safety culture, promote a safe work environment and its compliance.
- Manage the ongoing maintenance and repair of installation tools and equipment.
- Monitor and track the fiscal progress of assigned projects (material and labor) to stay within the budgeted cost.
- Monitor and track the progress of assigned projects through material ordering, fabrication, installation, and in some cases start-up of the system. Ensure that contractual scope and specified requirements are being met.
- Must be willing to communicate honestly with customers, in a timely manner, to address technical, schedule, or fiscal discrepancies as well as obtain approvals and informational needs.
- Must provide sufficient on-site presence for the direction of BSI personnel as well as coordination with the customer and other trades to keep project schedule and scope on track. The amount of time needed on-site will vary depending on the specific project and customer.
- On larger installations, assist the Project Managers with technical oversight of installation personnel.
- Perform Project Management duties for all field installation projects from the quotation phase until project completion encompassing quoting, scheduling, personnel planning, customer communication, and financial controlling.
- Prepare the Change Orders for assigned projects when scope additions are requested by the customer.
- Provide internal coordination of material ordering, installation equipment, and onsite piping to keep assigned projects on schedule.
- Schedule field service personnel and source subcontracted employees as required to meet manpower needs.
- Successfully communicate with top management
- Supervise and train the field installation personnel. This includes but is not limited to: the hiring of personnel, performance measurement (Performance Reviews), teaching/training of skills required for process piping (i.e., layout, pipe fitting, welding, finishing, equipment setting, etc.), conducting both commendation and disciplinary action as required.
- Work with the Sales and Estimating Departments by traveling to customer facilities to determine installation scope and labor time required. Also, to assist in the acquisition of new accounts by working with the Sales representative(s).
- Able to think proactively
- A detail-oriented person with an extreme desire for accuracy
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and lead a team
- Continuous learning and improvement attitude.
- Experience with personal computers required with experience in MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and AutoCAD.
- Great communication skills are necessary and excellent listening skills are essential. Interpersonal skills, integrity, perseverance, teamwork, leadership, self-esteem, confidence, respect and honesty, time management skills are all qualities that are necessary for selection and success.
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Must have strong mathematical skills and the ability to read piping plans and process and instrumentation diagrams in both imperial and metric systems.
- Strong time management and analytical skills
- Valid Driver’s License required
- $70,000 – $85,000 yearly
We offer a competitive wage (based on experience), including a complete benefits package offering health, dental, vision, supplemental insurances, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, and holidays.
Begert Stainless is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.begertstainless.com.