Website Turner Construction Company
Ironworker Job Highlights
|Experience||3 to 5 Years|
|Location||Huntsville, AL, United States|
|Company||Turner Construction Company|
Turner Construction Company is an international construction services company. It is a leading builder in diverse and numerous market segments. The company also offers clients the support and accessibility of a local firm with the stability and resources of a multi-national organization.
The company requires ironworkers with welding experience to work on a local project. They should be responsible for erecting, connecting, assembling, and welding steel projects.
The applicants should have at least 3 to 5 years of position-related experience.
- To read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
- Able to comprehend safety instructions and signage, communicate effectively in emergency situations
- Ability to understand written safety instructions from tool and equipment manufacturers
- Able to travel and accommodate night and weekend work as needed
- To assemble hoisting equipment and rigging, to move heavy equipment and materials
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Assist with the overall site safety and quality programs as required and ensuring trade employees/subcontractors comply with Turner standards, safety codes, regulations, and job site security
- Bolt aligned structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place
- Cut, bend, and weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment
- Dismantle structures and equipment as needed
- Display a high level of teamwork, integrity, commitment, and leadership in daily operations.
- Erect metal and pre-cast concrete components for building structures
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes in order to align rivet holes in structural-steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members
- Fabricate metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors
- Fasten structural-steel members to hoist cables, using chains, cables, or rope
- Force structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools
- Hoist steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural steel members
- Install fiberglass building insulation, metal cladding, and siding, standing seam roofing as well as insulated metal panels, windows, passage doors, and overhead doors
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers, and other employees
- Operate equipment such as forklifts and aerial lifts
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting as needed and use a rope to guide them into position
- Verify vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels
Preferably, they should have had a Valid Driver’s License
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer – females, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity.
Note: Reports to Shop Foreman, Shop or Project Manager, and Trades Manager
To apply for this job please visit turnerconstruction.csod.com.