Website Turner Industries
Ironworkers (Welders, Fitters, Helpers) Job Highlights
|Ironworkers (Welders, Fitters, Helpers)
|Hopewell, VA, United States
Turner Industries provides a single solution in heavy industrial construction, maintenance, turnaround, pipe and module fabrication, equipment, rigging and specialized transportation, and associated specialty services.
The company is recruiting Ironworkers who will raise, place and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures frameworks.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have 1 to 4 years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level)
- Aligns holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member
- Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted
- Cuts steel members to make alterations
- Fastens steel members to cable of hoist
- Forces members into final position
- Guides member or rides on a member in order to guide it into position
- Off loads deliveries of structural material from the fabricator
- Pulls or pries steel members into approximate position while a member is supported by hoisting device
- Sets up and breaks down hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural-steel members
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members
- Carrying objects, tools, equipment, etc.
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level
- Coordinating the movements of eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment
- Hearing with or without correction
- Lifting 30 to 50 pounds from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead
- Maintaining balance on ladders, scaffolds structures, etc.
- Reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials
- Seeing with or without correction
- Standing, sitting, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, crouching/squatting, and crawling
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
- Must have fabrication experience, welding experience is a plus
- 401k employer match up to 4% and 100% vested from 1st day
- Entry-level to Journeymen positions available
- Great medical benefits
- Guaranteed 40 hours plus weekly overtime
- Plenty of room for advancement
- Friendly work environment
- No travel required
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace
- Hazard Communication orientation/test
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation
- Written pre-employment qualification test
Turner Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing law.
To apply for this job please visit turnerindustries.applicantpro.com.