Website Volvo Cars
Joining Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Charleston, SC, United States|
Volvo Cars is an automotive company that works on the purpose to provide freedom to move, in a personal, sustainable, and safe way. The company is committed to simplifying customers’ lives by offering better technology solutions that improve their impact on the world and bringing the most advanced mobility innovations to protect them, their loved ones, and the people around them.
The company is looking for a Joining Engineer to be a part of a global production team that makes sure the cars built to meet the highest expectations from the customers.
Joining Engineers support new model Launch and Program Management.
- The applicants should have preferably a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from a college/university.
- The candidates should have 5 to 7 or more years of expertise in body shop manufacturing or the automotive industry.
- Exceptional project management and leadership skills.
- Experience in Manufacturing Engineering process and Facility, Tooling and Equipment process.
- Joining Experience/preferred knowledge Joining Quality assurance (NDT and DT).
- Resistance Welding gun and Inverter knowledge. Beneficial if ARO/ABB weld guns and Bosch/Matuschek weld timers.
- Robot joining equipment/tool experience.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Working experience in an international and diverse environment is a plus.
- Broad joining knowledge. Joining processes at Volvo include:
-Drawn Arc Stud Welding
–Gas Metal Arc Welding
-Remote Laser Welding
-Resistance Projection Welding
-Resistance Spot Welding
- Align with R&D regarding all Joining Quality and Repair Methods.
- Assist and follow up with handover process toward Production.
- Collaborate with Maintenance to define and update preventative/corrective maintenance programs.
- Consistently use visualization standards in order to provide transparency on performance and challenges in your area.
- Coordinate and follow up commonalities between global car plants, central Manufacturing Engineering, and local Maintenance groups.
- Coordinate with other major activities within the area.
- Demonstrate personal leadership in support of company business objectives and role model the Volvo Cars Culture.
- Develop and implement joining control plans to establish quality assurance.
- Develop, maintain, and improve both local and global standards within your area.
- Maintain good communication within the area and other parts of the organization (Subject Matter Experts, Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance).
- Participate in the execution of technical maintenance functions and maintenance technical management in order to optimize equipment availability and cost control of production assets.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to supervisors/technicians and operator maintenance.
- Share knowledge and experience, and offer training accordingly, to improve the capability and competence of local engineers.
- Split/share responsibilities of various joining processes with other joining engineers on the team.
- Ability to independently drive and complete tasks.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally and to act in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to effectively collaborate with peers in other functions and with colleagues in other businesses or divisions.
- Adhesive and sealing applications knowledge.
- Broad knowledge from other similar operations within the area.
- Carries out all duties and responsibilities with the utmost integrity and be consistent with the highest ethical standards.
- Continuously works to protect and enhance Volvo’s reputation.
- Knows how the organization operates and knows the team’s place within the larger context of the industry and marketplace.
- Listens to others; respects their differences.
- Machine Safety knowledge.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- A positive mindset, proactive attitude and must be a self-starter.
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions.
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize own work and to manage multiple tasks.
- Target-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Uses both logic and intuition to reach appropriate conclusions.
- Well-organized working methods and ability to report in a structured and concise format.
Volvo Cars is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.volvocars.com.