Mechanical Engineer Job Highlights
|Location||Cupertino, CA, United States|
Apple is a technology company that specializes in computer software, consumer electronics, and online services.
The company is searching for a Mechanical Engineer who will engage in the design and manufacturing of complex, cross-functional systems. In addition to mechanical design, an applicant will work with contract manufacturers to realize the product.
The primary role will include project ownership of a complex electromechanical system from conceptual architecture through detailed mechanical design, prototype manufacturing, qualification testing, and transition to full-scale contract manufacturing.
There will be additional roles supporting existing projects in various phases of development and contract manufacturing engagements.
- The applicants should have a minimum of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related Degree (program)
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience in full product lifecycle realization including designing and building products using 3D CAD software.
- Design highly manufacturable products with various manufacturing techniques such as machining, welding, sheet metal, casting, and injection molding
- Perform printed circuit board and industrial electronics integration as well as supporting thermal analysis
- Be architecting, building, testing, and debugging prototypes and transferring this knowledge to a contract manufacturer for production
- Think like a system engineer and strive to understand the broader context of a project
- Travel to suppliers, test facilities, and CMs as needed (up to 25% during builds)
- Ability to create and own design documentation including mechanical CAD models, BOMs, product specifications, test procedures, and technical presentations
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently with a high level of independence
- Ability to take complete technical ownership of all mechanical aspects of a complex multi-disciplinary project
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills
- Experience with mechanical testing techniques such as shock, vibration, and HALT testing
- Proficient with a modern CAD package (Solidworks or NX preferred)
- Proficient with GD&T
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. The company takes affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.