Laser Welder Job Highlights
|Location||Westford, MA, United States|
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, lapping and polishing, and critical component assembly.
The company is seeking a candidate who is comfortable working both as a team, and individually. The candidate should possess the ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
- The applicants may be required a High School Diploma or GED.
- They should know either laser welding or micro-welding or electron beam welding or a combo of CNC machine operations and TIG welding.
- Experience operating 4- and 5-axis lasers; working with various types of materials
- Familiarity with G-code
- Familiarity with leak testing and hermetic sealing is preferred.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to referencing and retrieving master programs for new jobs:
- The setup and utilization of CNC programs to control platform orientation and movement;
- Downloading the programs into applicable controllers;
- Running of different (CNC) computer numeric controlled production equipment within the Yag/Metals Department
- Ability to log information about a job both manually (written) and electronically.
- Ability to read and understand all in-house and customer paperwork.
- Ability to read and understand drawings and blueprints.
- Ability to think critically and resolve issues at the laser to be sure the job runs correctly.
- Ability to think critically to be able to fixture parts
- Knowledge of measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, and microscopes
- Time management skills and the ability to work to a schedule and a time limit.
Accumet is Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit accumet-engineering-inc.checkwritersrecruit.com.