Website OPW, A Dover Company
Welder – Aluminum Job Highlights
|Title||Welder – Aluminum|
|Type||Full Time (1st/2nd shift)|
|Location||Northville, MI, United States|
|Company||OPW, A Dover Company|
OPW (Dover Corporation) is a global leader in fully integrated fluid handling, management, monitoring, and control solutions for the safe and efficient handling of critical petroleum-derived fluids from the refinery to the commercial and retail points of consumption, including loading systems, rail/transport tank truck equipment, tank gauging equipment and automated fuel management systems, valves and fittings.
It also provides underground and above ground storage tank equipment, spill containers, overfill prevention devices, secondary containment sumps, and flexible piping, fuel dispensing products, including swivels, breakaways, industrial and automatic dispensing nozzles for vapor recovery, gasoline, diesel, and alternative fuels, and clean energy fueling nozzles and accessories for LPG, Hydrogen, and CNG.
The company is looking for an Aluminum Welder to join its teams for various operations.
- The prospective applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- They should have a welding certificate/degree
- The candidates should have 1 year of experience in various forms of welding including MIG.
- Fabricate/weld automatic car wash equipment parts with metal materials including steel and aluminum
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Follow safety procedures and performs housekeeping duties as necessary
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques including metal inert gas (MIG/GMAW)
- Use of cutting and heating torch
- Working knowledge of fixturing and weld set-up parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to adjust gas pressure on MIG welder
- Ability to make clean aluminum weld
- Ability to read blueprints/engineering drawings
- Ability to set wire speed on MIG welder
- Ability to use/read a tape measure
- Strong attention to detail and ability to solve problems
- Successful completion of an internal welding test
- Excellent benefits package provides employees medical, dental, and vacation eligibility on their first day of hire.
- Benefits also include company-paid life insurance, 401K matching of up to 3.5%
OPW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.dovercorporation.com.