Website Brunk Industries
Laser Welding Engineer Job Highlights
|Title||Laser Welding Engineer|
|Location||Lake Geneva, WI, United States|
Brunk Industries is an industry leader specializing in high precision metal components for the medical device industry and other high-tech applications as well. The services include precision metal stamping and contract assembly.
The company is seeking a Laser Welding Engineer who will develop, improve and control the laser welding manufacturing processes to fabricate high precision metal parts for the medical, semiconductor, and aerospace industries.
- The applicants should have a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical Engineering from a college/university or Equivalent qualification
- The candidates should have 5 years of work experience in Nd-YAG and Fiber Laser welding process and equipment
- Develop and deliver new laser welding process capabilities as needed including process selection, characterization, and qualification using design of experiment methodology
- Develop procedures, proper documentation, and create and execute training programs to maintain Process control.
- Develop processes and rates for customer quotations in response to inquiries while working with representatives from Tooling, Engineering, Purchasing, and Customer Service to obtain needed information
- Laser weld programming, process development, process improvement in preproduction and in production with the use of FMEA, PCP, DOE, LEAN and statistical techniques.
- Provide drawings, dimensional requirements, tolerances, and engineering expertise to achieve an acceptable component fit-up and edge conditions to achieve a repeatable weld
- Represent the Manufacturing Engineering team and provide laser welding expertise to the integrated development team including representatives from Design, Purchasing, Quality, Supply Chain, Customer Service, and Manufacturing during the development process.
- Experience in developing manufacturing processes for a high-volume manufacturer in a fast pace technology-driven environment.
- Knowledge of metal stamping, and machining processes
- Preference is given to candidates with knowledge of laser welding, laser welding equipment, and fixture design
- Statistical analysis using Minitab, Jump, or equivalent
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work Environment
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Retirement Savings Plans
- Must be able to perform light lifting < 50 lbs.
- Must wear safety glasses and job-specific PPE performing work while in the manufacturing area
- Work is in an office and heavy manufacturing environment
Brunk Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.brunk.com.