Welding Sales Specialist Job Highlights
|Title||Welding Sales Specialist|
|Location||Horsham, PA, United States|
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading supplier of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, hard goods/related products, safety products, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
The company is seeking a Welding Sales Specialist who will be responsible for developing Airgas-specific selling expertise of Welding processes and applications.
This position works closely with an Advanced Fabrication Welding Process Specialist gaining experience utilizing the Airgas Advanced Fabrication Sales Methodology which includes the Airgas Efficiency Analysis & Engineered Cost Reductions.
- The applicants must have passed an Associate’s Degree in Welding (AAS) from a college/university.
- In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, may accept Military Welding training, Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or additional years of formalized welding training/experience as a trade-off.
- Requires successfully passing the Certified Welding Sales Representative (CWSR) exam sponsored by the American Welding Society (AWS) once hired to formally and successfully enter the Airgas Welding training program.
- Membership within the American Welding Society (AWS), American Society for Materials (ASM), American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT), American Society for Quality (ASQ), American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME), and/or Society for Mechanical Engineering (SME) highly desirable.
- The candidates should have 4 years of prior welding industry experience.
- Prior sales experience required; prior technical sales experience preferred.
- Develops an understanding and ability to utilize the Airgas sales tools (Efficiency Analysis, Welding surveys, Welding 201) to promote sales and margin profitability.
- Operates in a safe manner at all times and is a proactive advocate of safety promoting safety by example and aggressively promoting safety with other associates and customers.
- Provides to customers sales knowledge and marketing literature to promote the Airgas Shielding Gases, welding products, and services.
- Responsible for growing profitable sales of Welding Processes and Welding Applications to both new and existing small to midsize Airgas customers.
- Travels to customer sites with the Advanced Fabrication Welding Process Specialist to gain an understanding of the customer’s current welding processes and help in the determination of what Airgas welding solutions would further benefit the customer.
- Upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge becoming well-versed in the flexible and fixed automation applications and CNC cutting systems.
- Works to develop in-depth technical knowledge to become proficient at matching customer needs with the appropriate Airgas products and services, address customer inquiries, and provide customer service.
- Special projects and other duties as required.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Demonstrated relationship management and consultative aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise technical solutions for the customer.
- Demonstrates both a strong interest and basic knowledge and understanding of welding processes and applications.
- Knowledge of the principles of TQM, Lean, and Six Sigma.
- PC skills to include proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Strong mathematical, problem solving, and analytical skills with the ability to apply to customer sales analysis and cost comparisons.
- The company offers benefits that include Medical, Dental, 401k, paid holidays, vacation, and much more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit airgas.taleo.net.