Licensed Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Calgary, AB, Canada|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
The company is searching for a Licensed Millwright who will maintain and repair machines and equipment in the plant.
- No education level is mentioned, yet having basic education will be a plus.
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of relevant work experience as a Millwright.
- Experience in welding and mechanical maintenance.
- Ability to follow rules/regulations
- Ability to work well with others
- Basic computer skills
- Basic English and communication skills
- Forklift Certification
- Positive attitude
- Positive attitude
- Reliable/good attendance
- Daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain. Need to ensure that areas of responsibility meet BU/Plant standards for safety, quality, efficiency, and financial performance.
- Perform general maintenance work to install and maintain process equipment and structures, has a basic knowledge of and ability to complete welding, pipe fitting, pump work, machinery, heating, plumbing, etc. This work requires knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to deal with general repair work.
- Perform tasks by applying skills and knowledge of one or more products, processes, areas, or machines. Have a thorough understanding of the process, workflow and work on assignments where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Aligning machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- All personal protective equipment must be worn at all times
- Assembling and installing equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Avoid cross-contamination
- Be aware of slippery floors, walk, do not rush or run
- Being responsible for repairing and lubricating machines and equipment.
- Connecting power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment, and test unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
- Ensure to have safe work practices and be aware of your surroundings at all times
- It is the responsibility of the employees to follow the food safety rules/procedures, such as GMPs and HACCP
- Must follow sanitation procedures
- Must maintain good personal hygiene
- Other tasks required by management.
- Positioning steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
- Proceed on doing some welding when requested or necessary.
- Proceed on replacing defective parts of machines or adjusting clearances and alignment of moving parts.
- Report any defective equipment to your superiors
- Report injuries immediately
- Safety is your first priority. Always follow the safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds after using the washroom
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Able to perform physical tasks.
- Being an apprentice in Welding or Journeyman Ticket.
- Certified Millwright, approved by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.