Website Petersen Incorporated
Logistics Coordinator II Job Highlights
|Title||Logistics Coordinator II|
|Location||Farr West, UT, United States|
Petersen is a state-of-the-art facility offering complete fabrication, advanced manufacturing, and machining services that are ideal for nuclear, petrochemical, aerospace, mining/industrial projects, equipment, and parts.
The company is seeking a Logistics Coordinator II who will be accountable for receiving, stocking, issuing, and occasional shipping aspects of material handling.
- The applicants should have a High School Education or GED
- The candidates should have 3 to 5 years of material/inventory control experience.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel and management
- Ensure conformity to all Shipping and Receiving procedures.
- Ensure proper protection of company inventories.
- Ensures that all orders received in the Shipping Department are properly documented in Microsoft Dynamics AX and stocked in a designated area.
- Ensures timely delivery of material to their respective fabrication, machining, or assembly areas
- File packing lists by Sales Orders.
- Interface with Production Control, Procurement, Project management, and Sales and inform them of orders that are incomplete
- Maintain inventory, record accuracy.
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain Weld Wire Inventory including Issuing and Receiving Wire.
- Manage disposition of all obsolete or excess parts.
- Other work as assigned by Receiving Supervisor
- Serves as coordinator with Production Supervisors on material activity
- Strong knowledge of computers and various programs and willing to learn other Petersen Incorporated related software and programs
- Willingness to do what it takes to run or support the plant operations
- Works with customers and vendors
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with team members, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to produce reports that are well organized, clearly stated, and concise in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team player skills.
- Good understanding of computers and inventory programs.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and how the freight industry works.
- Must be a strong advocate of the company vision and mission statements.
- Must be able to establish and maintain trust, unity, communication, and partnering with management, team members, and customers.
- Possess interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Works in office environment 90% of the time, outside in typical fabrication shop surrounding 10% of the time.
- Occasionally called upon to work overtime.
- Working conditions may vary according to weather. Requires ability to work in heat and cold.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of the organization and react favorably in all situations.
- Must be able to favorably resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
- Must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems, and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
- Requires public contact and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
- May require working overtime.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work odd hours/schedule.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Requires normal range of hearing and understanding of verbal and written instructions.
- Requires working under stressful conditions.
- Will require steel toe shoes/boots.
- Must be available and willing to travel as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime as the employer determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
Petersen Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.