Lubrication Technician Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||West Fargo, ND, United States|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
The company is looking for a Lubrication Technician who will work in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed, and industry.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- Age – must be 18 years or older
- The candidates must have a minimum of 5 years in the mechanical industry
- A minimum of 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Attend required Maintenance Team meetings
- Change oil, oil filters, air breathers, etc. as directed by Lubrication PMs or as a follow-up to condition-based monitoring
- Complete all EHS requirements (safety meetings, Pre-Job Hazard Analysis, permits, etc.)
- Complete re-lubrication routes and perform visual inspections.
- Complete Time-Based Oil Change PMs
- Create and/or modify Lubrication Procedures
- Enter all route follow-ups, complete all “Object List” check and visual inspection findings into the CMMS (SAP)
- Maintain all lubricant inventory storage rooms and prepare all transportation devices for plant use
- Maintain and refill all Centralized Lubrication Systems and Single Point Automatic Lubricators
- Portably filter oil reservoirs to remove contaminates and prolong remaining useful oil life
- Retro-fit equipment with components such as air breathers, sight glasses, hydraulic quick connects, pitot sampling tubes to enable other tasks like oil sampling, portable filtration, and oil changes
- Sample oil reservoirs and prepare for shipping to the offsite lab
- Technically Complete and record time against work orders
- Top-up oil reservoirs as needed while completing re-lubrication routes and/or lubrication preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot lubrication related failures and participate in Root Cause Analysis sessions as needed
- Work with Maintenance Technicians to commission any new or replaced equipment to ensure it is properly lubricated prior to starting up.
- Ability to obtain Certified MLT Level 1 through the International Council of Machinery Lubrication
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs., kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Able to perform maintenance trades including rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, Hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Basic use of a computer
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, welding, pipefitting, and fabrication
- Basic understanding of Oil Sampling practices, Analysis, and Reports
- Basic understanding of supporting PdM Technologies such as Ultrasound and Vibration
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Forklift certified
- Knowledge of Centralized Lubrication Systems and/or Automatic Lubricators
- Knowledge of online and portable oil filtration
- Knowledge of process equipment (conveyance systems, fans, blowers, pumps, etc.)
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Prior experience in production related work
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.