Website American Axle & Manufacturing
Machine Operator/CNC Machine Operator Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator/CNC Machine Operator|
|Location||Bluffton, IN, United States|
|Company||AAM – American Axle & Manufacturing|
American Axle & Manufacturing is a global tier 1 supplier to the automotive industry. The company manufactures, engineers, and designs axles, driveshafts, and transmission shafts, mainly for light trucks and SUVs, but also for cars and crossover vehicles.
The company is looking for a candidate who can produce high-quality components, catch errors, and resolve issues on the fly throughout each day.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- CNC Machining Experience (Preferred)
- Experience as a Machinist (Preferred)
- Complete all needed documentation and tagging for each tub of materials.
- Complete SPC charts and attribute chart (list of gauging and dimensions to be checked)
- Keep a safety-first mindset by following all safety rules and operating in a safe manner.
- Keep the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Make mechanical adjustments as necessary to keep parts within specifications
- Obtain raw materials from the Material Handler and place them at your machining station.
- Operate machine to run the batch of components, continually verifying that the produced parts meet all quality standards and specifications.
- Pack finished products as instructed
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on your machines. (Adding oils and fluids as needed, cleaning, and changing bits)
- Run the first piece and verify that it meets all of the specifications. Receive confirmation from the Department Supervisor or Quality Associate before running the batch.
- Use gauges to ensure produced components meet all specifications and requirements.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical, urine drug screen, and background check
- Ability to work overtime including holidays and weekends as needed.
- Comfortable working in a cooperative, team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Desire to take ownership of your role including performance and attendance accountability.
- Strong attention to detail through repetitive machine operations and measurements to ensure high quality through the production process.
- Willingness to work on traditional and non-traditional shifts
- Ability to interpret specifications and drawings, and blueprints
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to troubleshoot issues in a timely manner and know when to ask for help
- Able to use gauges to measure parts and ensure they stay within the acceptable tolerances
- Basic math skills (addition and subtraction of decimal numbers)
- Knowledge of the Metric System (Microns, Millimeters, etc.)
- 401(k) Match
- AD&D Insurance
- Competitive Wage and Shift Premium (for off-shifts)
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Medical (2 options available)
- Paid Vacation
- Referral Program
- Safety Glass Program
- Uniforms Provided
- The high mental and visual effort required
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, exert 25 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and exerts 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, standing, walking, gripping, and bending
- Works in, around, and beneath equipment
AAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.aam.com.