Website Stanley Black & Decker
Machine Operator (Holesaw Weld) Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator – Holesaw Weld|
|Location||East Longmeadow, MA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is hiring a Machine Operator who will perform duties involved in setting up and operating automatic blanking, heat treats forming, and robotic TIG welding of various size hole saws.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of work experience.
- Adjust speed, length/position of stroke, seam current, and cup current for proper heat.
- Check the quality of each hole saw for total roundness, weld height, and weld penetration
- Degrease cup when necessary working from travelers and record data according to established procedure.
- Load shell and cups onto a robotic pallet or manually load into TIG welder chuck. Start automatic cycle to weld.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a neat and clean condition.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations, practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Position welding head and change tungsten tips as required using setting gauge according to established procedure.
- Report any discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, defective material, or other unusual situations to the Foreman.
- Rework or scrap any saw found to be out of spec.
- Setup robotic and semi-auto TIG welders of various sizes.
- Setup, change over, and operate nitrogen forming furnace per established procedure.
- Visually inspect each saw for the quality of the weld.
- Work from priorities provided, travelers, written or verbal instructions.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
- Demanding, fast-paced position resulting from deadline pressures, simultaneous competing demands, and changing priorities.
- Able to use numbers including decimals
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.