Website Stanley Black & Decker
Machine Operator Laser Welder Job Highlights
|Title||Machine Operator Laser Welder|
|Location||East Longmeadow, MA, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is hiring a Machine Operator Laser Welder who will set up, operate and maintain one or two sequential lines of equipment to deburr and ultrasonically clean a variety of sizes of low carbon backing material and high-speed steel wire to electron beam weld the two materials to form bi-metal coil stock.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- The candidates should have 1 to 2 years of experience.
- Maintain ultrasonic cleaner adding caustic solution; maintain a level of warm and cold-water rinse. Dump and clean tanks, change seals, felt pads, fluid, air filters, etc. as required.
- Monitor operation throughout. Observe welding through optical lens make necessary corrections and adjustments. Note signal light as take-up coil approaches capacity, run to visual mark, cut band and start end on a new reel. Wire completed coil in two places and transfer coil to annealing or temporary holding rack using tilting table and overhead hoist.
- Mount pancake or oscillating coils of backing material on an appropriate play-out stand using an overhead electric hoist. Spark test to confirm the type of material and feed through deburring rolls, washer, welder, defect detector, and on to take-up reel. Mount high-speed wire at washer and feed through welder.
- Observe and obey all safety rules, regulations, and practices and employ all safety equipment and devices.
- Remove and dispose of burring shavings. Remove burring rolls, clean mounts, and bearings, add lubrication, reverse or replace rollers in matching pairs. Lap rollers in automatic lapping machine, wash and inspect sharpened cutters under the microscope.
- Set up welder, install inner and outer locks, and replace seals at vacuum chamber. Adjust welding beam, regulate speed, and adjust voltage and amperage as required. Inspect welded material with the microscope to assure proper location, shape, and quality of bead.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed.
- Knowledge of charts, specifications, and micrometers
- Light physical effort required, equivalent to lifting, pushing, pulling 5 to 25 pounds
- Use of numbers including decimals
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.