Website The Vertex Company
Machinist 2 (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Machinist II – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Crestview, FL, United States|
|Company||The Vertex Company|
The Vertex Company provides vertically integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems. The company offers all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs, and integrated supply-chain solutions.
Crestview Aerospace manufactures complex assemblies and parts for use in various aerospace applications. It offers an integrated manufacturing process that delivers fabricated parts, in-house processing, and complex assemblies for both fixed and rotary‐wing aircraft.
The company is looking for a Machinist to join its team for various machining needs.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have at least 3 years of related experience on CNC and HAAS machines.
- Determines sequence of operations, a number of cuts required, and methods of setup, uses a variety of precision measuring equipment, standard shop computations, and standard to advance machining practices for tooling, setup, feeds, and speeds.
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment, determines material, parts, and equipment required.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Responsible to assure the quality of the work they perform meets procedural and engineering requirements.
- Sets up and operates a variety of equipment such as CNC milling machines, flatbed CNC gantry, Water Jet, Lathe, Bridgeport, and EZ Trac machines to make parts, tools, and fixtures.
- Be able to calculate and set offsets, change tools, and load and unload parts.
- Check dimensions and perform first-piece inspections on parts as required by shop leads.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, mylars, and other engineering data, including assembly drawings.
- Must be able to read and use dial calipers, micrometers, steel scales, and other measuring devices.
- Must be able to use edge finder to set and work offsets on CNC and HAAS Machines.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends, and flexible hours as required.
- The company offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits packages that include medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program, health and dental plan, 401K with employer match, 12 paid holidays, and other benefits.
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to maneuver up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current.
- Must have close visual acuities such as viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at close distance to the eyes.
- Will be performing substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
The Vertex Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.