Website The Vertex Company
Prod Sheet Metal Mechanic (Level IV) Job Highlights
|Title||Prod Sheet Metal Mechanic IV|
|Location||Madison, MS, United States|
|Company||The Vertex Company|
The Vertex Company provides vertically integrated turnkey lifecycle support from concept definition to engineering and manufacturing, through end-of-life support of complex systems. The company offers all levels of aviation maintenance, worldwide contractor logistics support, systems engineering and integration, specialized onsite mission execution, high consequence training programs, and integrated supply-chain solutions.
The company is seeking a Sheet Metal Mechanic who will perform as a Level IV and will have the ability to work independently perform jobs from start to finish.
- The applicants should have passed Graduation from High School or Equivalent GED
- The candidates should have 6 years of experience in work directly related to the repair of sheet metal components for fixed-wing aircraft.
- Assists coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Assists in troubleshooting system malfunctions to formulate corrective actions.
- Complies with safety and tool control program requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Service Bulletins, Instructions, and Airworthiness Directives.
- Ensures materials issued for assigned tasks are the correct items to repair the problem.
- Exhibits positive courteous behavior with customers and coworkers.
- Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs production sheet metal products and equipment such as aircraft wings, inlets, landing gear doors, etc.
- Follows all safety procedures and practices as established by the Company and regulatory bodies.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards. Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Makes sheet metal layouts; sets up and operates fabricating machinery; shapes metal over anvils, blocks, or forms; operates welding and soldering equipment, and inspects assemblies and installations for conformance to specifications.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Must be able to fabricate, layout, locate, drill, and assemble aviation sheet metal components per engineering drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, company policies, and procedures.
- Personally, assesses repairs, rebuilds, inspects, and brings sheet metal components back to their original like new and/or serviceable condition.
- This job does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The Vertex Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.