Website DAK Americas
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Reading, PA, United States|
DAK Americas is a globally competitive supplier of Terephthalic acid (TPA) – Monomers, Polyethylene Terephthalate Resins (PET), and Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF) for the western hemisphere.
DAK Americas is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
The company is looking to hire a Maintenance Mechanic who will support plant operations to deliver high-quality products at the lowest cost through a proactive approach to maintain plant equipment.
- The applicants should possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools
- Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to a foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools
- Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook
- Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools
- Inspect, maintain and repair industrial equipment and machinery to ensure they’re always in proper working order
- Installing or removing any special equipment, grinder, power and hand tools, etc.
- Maintaining a record of all the work completed facilitating the accounting activities
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks
- Proficient in the use of all Shop equipment: Band Saw, Brake, Drill Press, Vise, Press, Belt Sander, etc.
- Record all maintenance and repair services performed and keep track of all materials and parts used during the repair process
- Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment
- Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipment, using hand tools and power wrenches
- Support and communicate with production personnel to identify and correct problem areas negatively impacting production
- Test and observe equipment and machinery using tools such as voltmeters and other testing devices to diagnose malfunctions and make repairs as needed
- Utilizes cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved
- Be able to prioritize multiple issues
- Extrusion, plastics, or recycling experience a plus
- Having some electronic background, a plus
- Must be a good problem solver, a good listener, and be hands-on
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in English
DAK Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, as well as any other category protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.