Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Type||Full Time (1st shift)|
|Location||Council Bluffs, IA, United States|
Bunge is a world leader in sourcing, processing, and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. The company has a wide network that feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for farmers and consumers across the globe. The network includes port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
The company is recruiting a Maintenance Mechanic who will work in one of the largest soybean processing/refining plants.
The candidate will need to be able to work in a safe, team environment.
- Applicants require a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess welding experience (Stick, MIG, and TIG) (required)
- Experience with PLC, HVAC, and Vacuum furnace (preferred)
- Experience with SAP maintenance software (a plus)
- Complete emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Detect faulty operations, and defective material and report those and any unusual situation to proper supervision
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Inspect for conformity to industry standards or specifications
- Maintain a safe work environment for self and all employees
- Must actively participate in Bunge’s Employee Safety Involvement Plan
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Perform mechanical skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facility
- Perform welding including light fabrication of spouts, transitions, etc. from sheet metal including all positions (Stick, MIG, and TIG)
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, blueprints, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Rebuild pumps and gearboxes
- Rebuild, repair and replace damaged, defective, or worn parts
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Ability to work on-call as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safety-conscious environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- General Maintenance skills required
- General Troubleshooting skills required
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of bearing installation and clearance setting
- Must be proficient in reading, speaking, and writing in English for the purposes of record keeping, safety, and quality training processes, and communicating business-related information
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bunge.com.