Maintenance Mechanic (2nd Shift) Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift|
|Location||Lincoln, IL, United States|
Eaton improves the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions to manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for planning, laying out, installing, repairing, and maintaining through preventive maintenance practices, all electrical and mechanical components of plant machines and equipment.
- The applicants must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent from an accredited institution.
- The candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Complete requisitions to facilitate ordering of parts and maintenance supplies as used/needed
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions
- Perform scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance on presses and other plant equipment
- Program, troubleshoot/repair, and maintain presses; also troubleshoot, design, and install electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electromechanical equipment
- Research the requirements and suppliers in order to submit requisitions for parts, supplies, and equipment
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Weld/fabricate fixtures, equipment repair, guarding, and plumbing using electric/electronic schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams, and mechanical blueprints to rebuild/repair equipment.
- CMMS experience (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Continuing education in maintenance and electrical training in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working in a lean environment
- Extensive electrical maintenance experience
- Preventative Maintenance experience
- Punch Press experience
- Welding experience
- Adhere to all plant safety requirements to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Participate as a leader on the maintenance team for major repairs, as a team member in the resolution of manufacturing problems, troubleshooting, and productivity improvement analysis, as a task force member on activities such as peer selection, job evaluation, and equipment selection
The company provides benefits that are industry-competitive and focused on employee well-being. They are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Benefits Offered Day One (health, dental, vision, and wellness programs)
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Donation matching (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The company is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.eaton.com.