Website Stanley Black & Decker
Maintenance Mechanic Job Highlights
|Location||Cheraw, SC, United States|
|Company||Stanley Black & Decker|
Stanley Black & Decker is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools, and related accessories, mechanical access and electronic security solutions, healthcare solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic who will diagnose, repair and install equipment in the plant and perform general maintenance work throughout the plant.
The position will report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED; prefer a 2-year technical degree or completed apprenticeship program (certified).
- Direct experience in a 5s environment.
- Knowledge of mechanical theory, principles, and statuary codes.
- Must be computer literate
- The candidates should have 5 years of industrial maintenance experience.
- Actively participates in assigned plant safety-related initiatives.
- Adhere to ISO quality requirements. Layout, construct, modify and maintain machinery
- Assist in the management of spare parts inventory.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of all preventative maintenance
- Comply with Lock-out, Tag-out procedures as well as other MTF safety protocols.
- Demonstrates ability in the use of a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis.
- Participates in and maintains departmental shop 5S standards.
- Prioritization and completion of assigned maintenance service requests.
- Provide proper documentation of daily maintenance activities utilizing internal tracking systems.
- Responsible for reading, understanding, interpreting blueprints, sketches, and drawings.
- Support capital equipment and equipment upgrade projects
- The ability to safely operate shop tools such as milling machines, lathes, cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch, and various other hand tools is essential.
- Electrical knowledge needed: Use of multimeter to test fuses and controls for voltage and amps.
- General knowledge is required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics, and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Attention to detail, a cooperative attitude, and sound work ethics are essential. Self-motivated able to work with minimal supervision
- Consistently demonstrates the highest level of personal ethical conduct
- Experience in assuring safety standards that are in compliance with all Company, Local, State, and Federal guidelines
- Must be team-oriented and focused on quality
- Results-driven with an emphasis on keeping customer and business commitments
- Strong commitment to all aspects of safety
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 40 lbs. independently
- Must be able to handle frequent pushing and pulling
- Must be able to reach overhead
- Must be able to stand continuously for 8 – 12 hours
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, squat
- Must be able to use hands for fine manipulation
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Working in a manufacturing environment with varying climate
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, or any other protected characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.