Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Maintenance Mechanic Night Shift Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance Mechanic – Night Shift|
|Location||San Antonio, TX, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
Fiber Glass Systems (a business under NOV) provides composite piping systems, fittings, and structures to the oil and gas, chemical, marine, offshore, fuel handling, and mining industries.
Fiber Glass Systems is searching for a Maintenance Mechanic who will coordinate with Manufacturing Supervisors and Maintenance personnel to provide maintenance support as required to allow the manufacturing process to proceed with minimal downtime due to mechanical problems.
The applicants may be required to have basic education i.e. High School Diploma or GED
- The candidates should have an electrical license, electrical controls experience, and/or certification
- The ability to read, write and speak English is preferred.
- Able to use hand tools
- Basic knowledge of electrical controls
- Calibrate various equipment
- Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshooting of equipment
- Welding process knowledge
- Computer, PLC hardware and software, inverter drivers, photo-eyes, proximity switches, counters, level sensors, controllers, and any other equipment requiring a computer or controls basis interface.
- Electrical disconnects, subpanels, and main switchgear to aid in the troubleshooting process.
- Familiar with all components capable of producing and storing energy so the interaction of these components as it pertains to the production equipment and safety can be maintained and operated in a safe and productive manner.
- Forklifts, scissors, or bucket lifts.
- Multimeter, amprobe, and hand tools.
- Safety harness, LOTO equipment, and any other safety equipment required by NOV, FGS, and OSHA.
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to read labels on the pipe along with specs on paper
- Ability to read pressure gauges
- Ability to work overtime and shift work as required
- Assist where and when needed as required
- Assist with OJT (On Job Training) employees as needed
- Bending/Stooping/Sitting up to 12 hours daily
- Good vision required for the safe operation of forklift
- Lifting weights up to 50 lbs. Regularly
- Push/Pull up to 12 hours daily
- Repetitive Movement up to 12 hours daily
- Standing up to 12 hours daily
- Travel less than 10%
- Utilize recommended safe work habits and make use of all safety equipment provided
- Walking up to 12 hours daily
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.