Website National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Quality Inspector Job Highlights
|Location||Tulsa, OK, United States|
|Company||National Oilwell Varco (NOV)|
National Oilwell Varco is a leading worldwide provider of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production operations, oilfield services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
NOV Process & Flow Technologies is recruiting for a Quality Inspector who will be responsible for maintaining NOV quality standards on all product lines by inspecting products and taking samples to ensure conformance specifications and to maintain required records and documentation.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma, from a college, technical school, or equivalent
- Associates Degree (Program) in Applied Science with an emphasis in Quality is preferred
- The candidates should have 3 years of experience or training
- They should have 3 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing shop environment, preferably in a process-oriented shop and/or related industry preferred
- Experience measuring tools considered an asset
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, sales, customers, compliance agencies, and other shop personnel for quality and customer-related issues.
- Inspects and measures parts using precision measuring equipment to determine conformance to material specifications.
- Prepare and maintain quality verification documentation.
- Studies and interprets sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of parts to determine conformance requirements.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies, and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational and planning skills in order to prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
- Intermediate knowledge with computer software to include, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Intermediate problem-solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Possesses at least one certification of level II inspection in the following areas Welding, LP, and MP.
- Working knowledge of industrial processes and traditional quality control methodologies.
NOV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. The company is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunities for everyone and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
To apply for this job please visit egay.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com.