Website Martinrea International
Maintenance Millwright Job Highlights
|Full Time (night shift)
|Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Martinrea International is a diversified global automotive supplier, focused on accelerating innovation in metal forming, aluminum casting, fluid systems, and flexible assemblies to help automakers meet their lightweight requirements. At the same time, it improves a vehicle the overall strength, safety, and fuel efficiency.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Millwright to join its team.
- No education level is mentioned, yet possessing a High School Diploma will be a plus
- Ability to apply trade-specific knowledge for troubleshooting purposes and machinery modification
- Ability to identify causes of problems and develop methods of correction
- Capable of lifting up to forty pounds
- Capable of reading all types of shop drawings/sketches, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics/diagrams, and manufacturing manuals
- Capable of using all types of measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, etc.)
- Efficient in all types of manual machining and welding processes
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills, be a self-starter and a team player
- Good understanding of the requirements as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Possess a valid Provincial Industrial Millwright’s license (preferably inter-provincial), with knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Understanding basic rigging principles and the ability to operate rigging equipment including, cranes and forklifts, etc.
- Understanding of basic electrical and PLC controls and principles
- Works well with minimal supervision and takes initiative
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of experience employed as an Industrial Millwright, preferably in a production-oriented environment.
- Emphasis on stamping, welding, and automated assembly processes (preferred)
- Able to make trade-specific calculations for load requirements, selection of appropriate sizes/grades of components
- Adheres to work order, and preventive/predictive maintenance systems by filling in required forms
- Contribute to continuous improvement, productivity, quality, customer service, cost reduction, safety, and housekeeping
- Ensure production schedule is not jeopardized due to machine breakdown, or unsafe operating conditions for failure to perform routine PM function
- Fabricates new/replacement components/parts in accordance with supplied drawings, and verbal instructions while always considering and meeting all applicable codes, standards, and regulations
- Informs Maintenance Manager/Supervisor about changes in schematics as well as updating the original diagrams
- Installation of new water, air, and other types of supply lines to new/relocated equipment, while working to Company and Provincial Safety Code/Standards
- Installs, examines, replaces, and repairs all types of hydraulic and pneumatic devices: including valves, actuators, and pumps, as well as all types of mechanical drive assemblies: including clutches, brakes, bearings, shafting, and couplings
- Maintains production equipment to maximize operating performance. Helps to maintain mechanical spare parts inventory levels as required
- Organize work areas and areas where you have performed maintenance functions to comply with housekeeping requirements
- Perform installation, set up, modification, and relocation of equipment to accommodate, or to improve production requirement
- Perform Lockout/Tagout procedure 100% of the time on machines/machines being serviced
- Perform other duties as requested by Managers or Supervisor
- Performs repairs on equipment restoring to proper and safe working conditions
- Reads/writes/sketches hydraulic, pneumatic, fabrication, and assembly type drawings
- Recognizes and diagnoses faults on mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic components or systems that may involve complex integration or sequencing, ask for assistance from Managers/Supervisors if requires
- Tests mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment and components for effectiveness
- Troubleshoots and maintains production equipment, including mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and (some) electrical systems. Working from diagrams, engineering drawings, schematics, and equipment specifications
- Work in a safe manner, obeying all health, safety, and environmental regulations. Report all unsafe acts and conditions to Managers/Supervisors and the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Ability to maintain records in an organized and tidy manner
- Ability to work efficiently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment and be a Team Player
- Ensure that all duties and tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and at no time is the employee or their co-workers being placed in an unsafe condition
- Excellent attendance
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
- Respecting and understanding the Customer/Supplier relationship
- Support Quality Systems, Health Safety, and Environmental Management Systems Requirements
- 100% plant floor (PPE required)
- Lifting and pushing as needed
- Require communication with employees, peers, and management
- All employees are prohibited from walking under a suspended hoist, cranes, or forklifts.
- All employees must follow all LOTO procedures
- Comply with all environmental requirements including our recycling program
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices, or certain clothing as required by the company.
- Must work in accordance with health and safety regulations, company rules, plant rules, policies, and procedures
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities.
- Working in a great team environment.
Martinrea International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit martinrea.prevueaps.com.