Maintenance Millwright Job Highlights
|Location||Surrey, BC, Canada|
Cargill brings food, agricultural, financial and industrial products to people who need them all around the world. It helps farmers grow more, connecting them to broader markets. The company develops products that give consumers just what they’re seeking, advancing nutrition, food safety, and sustainability.
Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well as individual farmers.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Millwright to join its team.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Class 4 Power Engineering or any other Technical Degree/Certificate
- Must be 18 years or older
- Basic working experience in Boiler operation, air compressor, HVAC, and types of welding.
- Experience in working on conveyors (drag, roller, belt, chain, pneumatic, etc.) gearboxes, and Elevators (Belt, etc.) along with an understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- Density/floating analysis to be completed on all feed
- During off-business hours cellular phone communication may be required.
- To clean thoroughly all areas as assigned to make sure conditions are adequate at shutdown so that no bacterial growth can occur
- To complete a shift extrusion report to exchange between shift changes so that the oncoming operators have a clear idea of the situation
- To cooperate with the Production Leads to meet feed requirements as set by the Production Planner, including order prioritization and timing
- To discuss and take direction on formulations to be used and characteristics of ingredients within the formulation in order to optimize best practice procedures
- To double-check and verify all processes prior to starting any extruder and to start and run the extrusion lines according to best practice procedures, including qualitative, quantitative requirements
- To minimize the production of non-conformance feed through frequent
- To produce feed that is of excellent technical quality (physical strength) and visual characteristics
- To test and read results of extruded feeds and to assist maintenance personnel in the reconfiguration of an extruder
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Any electrical edge will be appreciated (working on motors with VFD, understanding electrical trips, and resetting them)
- Basic use of a computer
- Must be able to operate machinery or industrial equipment
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, may be required to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without reasonable accommodations
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The company offers a well-rounded benefits package including health/dental, paid vacations, etc.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.cargill.com.