Maintenance/Repair Technician II Job Highlights
|Title||Maintenance/Repair Technician II|
|Location||Gary, IN, United States|
Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of-line packaging operations and protect products in transit.
The company is hiring a Maintenance/Repair Technician who will perform root cause analysis, expediently develop and implement solutions and strive to increase equipment reliability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Ensures that the facility and equipment are maintained at the highest level and run efficiently; will coordinate and implement preventive maintenance activities; provides guidance to peers to ensure optimum production, quality and safety while minimizing cost, energy usage and waste in accordance with corporate policies and health and safety regulations.
- Applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent and related military or industrial training
- Industrial maintenance degree (preferred)
- Possess a minimum 5 years of industrial maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, paper background (preferred)
- Diagnose failures in a timely manner and provide integrated solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Read, interpret, troubleshoot, and perform circuit assembly from schematic diagrams.
- Develop and implement modifications and equipment improvements based on input and operational observations.
- Diagnose and evaluate equipment needs, and develop integrated solutions in a timely manner to avoid reoccurrence.
- Install or modify equipment working from detailed engineering documentation.
- Knowledgeable in electrical distribution and machine controls ranging from 24 to 480 volts AC/DC. Able to read, interpret and troubleshoot using schematic diagrams.
- Have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, Variable Frequency Drives, analog and digital dc drives, Robotics, and automated conveyor systems.
- Be able to diagnose electrical failures in a timely manner and provide solutions to avoid reoccurrence.
- Ability to diagnose and implement solutions to equipment issues that are electrical in nature.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems with equipment, plans, and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maximize safe production and product quality.
- Contributes to and utilizes the preventive maintenance program to minimize unplanned downtime.
- Initiates production equipment modifications that increase productivity and reduce waste. Typical machinery includes, but is not limited to: extruders, sheet handling equipment, rotary slitters, winders, pneumatic conveyors, belt conveyors, chillers, towers, and other Production Support Equipment.
- Strong electrical and mechanical knowledge to perform maintenance tasks involving AC/DC control circuits, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, lubrication, welding, plumbing, hand tool, shop practices, and blueprint reading.
- Supports and provides leadership with plant and facility maintenance needs critical to maintaining production and delivery commitments.
- Thorough understanding of general and maintain safe work practices such as LOTO, Hot Work, Electrical Safety, PPE, etc.
- Ability to work 10-hour shifts, including weekends, and holidays. Extended work hours may occasionally be required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid computer skills with the ability to input/export information into a CMMS.
- The position requires standing, lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing steps, and ladders, and working in a production environment. Conditions include high noise levels, temperature variations, and some odor. Use of company-provided PPE is required.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Career path options
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Other additional benefits
- Personalized discounts, savings, and rewards program
- PTO – 3 weeks starting off
- Scholarship program for children of full-time employees
- Tuition assistance program
- Wellness Plan
Signode Industrial Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit signode.jobs.net.