Website Shepard Steel Co.
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Hartford, CT, United States|
|Company||Shepard Steel Co.|
Shepard Steel Co. is a part of the Architectural and Structural Metals Manufacturing Industry. The company is a structural steel fabrication company that meets the structural and miscellaneous steel requirements of customers.
The company is looking for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for performing general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property infrastructure.
The position will work under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- The candidates should have previous work experience in the metal fabrication industry.
- Complete inspections of safety systems
- General automotive repair and maintenance
- Maintain inventory of production supplies and repair parts for factory equipment
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and painting repairs as necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance measures regularly
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Snow removal – operating plow trucks, skid steers, snow blowers
- Troubleshoot and coordinate machine repairs with remote tech support
- Troubleshoot and repair of overhead cranes – 5 Ton capacity
- Troubleshoot and repair welding machines
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested
- Ability to prioritize tasks and follow specified procedures
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Able to work well with minimal supervision as well as with other technicians
- Must be willing to submit a drug test and background check
- Physically capable of bending/twisting as well as standing for long periods of time
- Physically capable of lifting, pushing, and pulling 70 pounds unassisted
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and has a positive attitude
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Valid driver’s license
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match/Profit Sharing
- Competitive Salary (based on skillset)
- Dental Insurance
- Full-Time Position
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vacation, Holidays, Earned Days, and Birthdays
Shepard Steel Co. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit shepardsteel.bamboohr.com.