Website Altra Industrial Motion
Maintenance Technician Job Highlights
|Location||Charlotte, NC, United States|
|Company||Altra Industrial Motion|
Altra is a premier global designer and manufacturer of a wide range of motion control and power transmission solutions. With engineered components, systems, and software that provide the essential control of equipment speed, torque, and positioning, Altra products can be used in nearly any machine, process, or application involving motion.
The company is searching for a Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for daily maintenance, preventative maintenance, and operational availability of the facility’s CNC and production equipment, as well as overall building services.
- The applicants should have a High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- A 2-year technical degree (program) is preferred.
- The candidates should have 5 or more years of maintenance experience with CNC and manual machining equipment (lathes, mills, grinders), including experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical/PLC
- Previous experience with gear-cutting (hobbing) equipment is a plus
- Apply the principles of lean manufacturing (ABS) in accordance with Policy Deployment.
- Contribute to the cleanliness, efficiency, and safety of the facility.
- Install, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical equipment, as well as electrical systems and components on a variety of machines utilized in the plant to include, but not limited to CNC equipment, manual equipment, metal cutting equipment, presses, and forklifts.
- Keep all maintenance equipment clean and properly stored.
- Perform a variety of installation and repair assignments, including minor plumbing work.
- Perform construction of minor and major woodworking projects.
- Perform simple welding repair and fabrication of items from blueprints.
- Specify and requisition replacement parts using books, prints, and catalogs.
- Use precision measuring instruments to check machine accuracy (voltmeters, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Utilize books and blueprints to locate and repair faulty components.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demand/Work Environment
- Most of the time is spent in a manufacturing production environment with some (but not all) climate-controlled areas. Personal protective safety equipment must be worn, and proper safety precautions must be observed. Potential exposure may include but is not limited to solvents, dust, lead, fiberglass, noise, heat, cold.
- Potential physical demands include, but are not limited to frequent walking and standing, occasional twisting, stooping, carrying, handling, pushing, and pulling; climbing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Potential sensory demands include but are not limited to hearing and seeing.
- Basic proficiency with various computer systems, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel) and Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and program PLC
- Demonstrated ability to perform shop math calculations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical blueprints.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and an advocate for change. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to adapt to internal processes and change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with using precision measuring instruments (voltmeters, calipers, dial indicators, etc.)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in English language skills, including effective verbal and written communication
- Result-oriented with a demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and multiple priorities.
- Some knowledge and prior experience with plumbing and welding (MIG/TIG) applications is desired
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills which foster teamwork and collaboration and develop high-quality working relationships in order to influence, gain support and achieve results.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated while taking initiative with projects and tasks.
Altra Industrial Motion Corporation and its subsidiaries or affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers that evaluate all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit altraindustrialmotion.jobs.net.